Our hotel on the fringes of the famous Nuuksio National Park provides ideal lodgings and facilities for groups, families or solo travellers. The fresh air and peaceful natural surroundings ensure that you will sleep well, whether you choose to stay in a hotel room or one of our cosy cottages. Nature is the inspiration for our catering staff, who will serve you with food prepared from fresh local ingredients. There is plenty to see and do, both in the hotel’s own grounds and in the beautiful forests of the national park. In this serene setting it’s hard to believe that the bustling centre of Helsinki is just 35 kilometres away…
Pleasant hotel rooms
Our freshly redecorated hotel rooms have comfortable twin or double beds with soft pillows, flat-screen TVs and fully fitted bathrooms with showers. High-speed WIFI internet connections are freely available. The hotel has 52 double rooms. Several rooms have a small extra bed. Disabled guests can be accommodated in special rooms. Pets are welcomed.
Three well equipped cottages of various sizes are located in peaceful parts of the hotel grounds. Each cottage has its own kitchen, lounge area and sauna, as well as comfortable sleeping quarters.
Enjoy and relax
Overnight charges include a generous buffet breakfast and free access to our gym, evening and morning saunas, and a sizeable indoor swimming pool.
Pure Finnish food
Our chefs prepare food using carefully selected local ingredients, including wild berries and mushrooms from nearby forests. We also serve freshly made organic bread from a local bakery. Guests may dine in our restaurant, in their cottages, or outside in our traditional “laavu” shelter. Keen cooks can prepare meals working together with our chefs!
Generous buffet meals
Our restaurant is renowned for the delicious dishes served on its generous buffet table, which is filled for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Taste the best of Finland
Together with the skills of our staff, Siikaranta’s splendid settings and surroundings ensure that all kinds of occasions can be held successfully, from relaxed outdoor events to more formal celebrations.
A sauna and a swim
Guests at Siikaranta can readily enjoy a genuine Finnish sauna! Take a cooling dip in the lake after a hot soak in our traditional lakeshore sauna, or swim in our indoor pool and enjoy a jacuzzi after enjoying a modern sauna in the main hotel building. We encourage guests to enjoy the full Finnish sauna experience in our traditional sauna with its wood-fired stove and soothing vapours. In the winter you can even take a dip in a hole in the ice before warming up again in the sauna. Nuuksio National Park contains some of the most unspoilt natural settings in Southern Finland.
Explore Nuuksio National Park
• Well-marked trails – The national park has about 29 km of marked trails. Keen hikers can combine shorter trails or hike off the marked trails to enjoy trekking trips lasting a whole weekend.
• Cross-country skiing – A regularly maintained and illuminated skiing trail runs past the edge of the hotel grounds.
• Fishing – Visitors can fish in ice-holes or with a simple rod and line in Nuuksio’s lakes in accordance with Finnish legislation known as Everyman’s Right, except in certain restricted waters. The hotel can provide visitors with lure fishing permits allowing themto fish in the lake for a fixed period during their stay. Bring along your fishing tackle if you wish to fish in Lake Siikajärvi!
• Cycling – National Bike Trail No. 2 runs through the national park, which has about 30 km of trails suitable for cycling.
• Horse-riding is allowed on 22 km of specially designated trails in Nuuksio.
• Rock-climbing is permitted in two areas within the national park. Winter ice climbing is unrestricted.
• Free forest fare – Wild berries and mushrooms may be picked anywhere in the park. Local people particularly come to Nuuksio to pick blueberries, lingonberries and chanterelle mushrooms. Nuuksio National Park contains some of the most unspoilt natural settings in Southern Finland.
Tel +358 9 867 971 (09 867 971) | firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice that there are no night portier in the hotel. One should check in before 22:00
How to find Siikaranta
Though we are located in the capital region our hotel feels far away from the noise and bustle of the city. Helsinki Airport is within easy reach, and road connections to other parts of Southern Finland are excellent. Hotel Siikaranta is just 35 km from central Helsinki.
From Helsinki: Take the E18 motorway from Helsinki to Turku, and turn off at the junction marked ÄMMÄSSUO-NUPURI, which is the first junction after the motorway crosses Ring Road III. Turn right at this junction towards VEIKKOLA. After about 1.5 km turn right again towards SIIKAJÄRVI, and follow this road for 5 km to Siikaranta (signposted).
Programme navigators to our address: Naruportintie 68, Kirkkonummi. More detailed directions or a pick-up service are available on request.
View larger map